Given the recent changes to Tumblr’s policies, we want to give community artists who can no longer post on Tumblr the ability to more easily share their work on Grommr by using a secondary account.
Before being granted use of a second "GainerArt" account, these users must go through a simple vetting process, and then must follow certain rules in order to continue to use them.
If you want to open a GainerArt account, make sure to read the criteria below and send us an e-mail (email@example.com) to get started!
We vet GainerArt applicants on three basic criteria:
- Good behavior: Users will be eligible to have a GainerArt account if their personal profile has not received a temporary ban in the last 18 months.
- Community relevance: The artist must show our team that they regularly produce community-relevant art, specifically artwork that focuses on gaining themes and/or large men. For the occasional doodle or non-community-related art, your personal profile should suffice.
- Proof of ownership: There will be a simple verification process to ensure that users are not posting art belonging to someone else.
GainerArt Profile Requirements
Once you've been approved for a GainerArt profile, that profile must adhere to the following three requirements:
- The username must begin with “GainerArt_” (including the underscore). This is to allow users to find the community relevant art we are posting to our site by using our search tool. This will also allow our admins to ensure that all of our GainerArt profiles are following our rules.
- The profile must include your primary account’s username in the profile text. GainerArt profiles cannot be anonymous.
- Profile text must also include the following disclaimer: “This is a vetted GainerArt profile. For inquiries about making your own GainerArt profile please visit the page here for more information: https://support.grokiolabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020679931"
In addition to the above items, the following rules cover GainerArt profiles:
- Users who mistakenly create a GainerArt profile before being vetted will be vetted as soon as our admin team is made aware of them. If your profile does not meet our vetting requirements, the profile will be removed and you may receive a warning for duplicate accounts. Please wait until you’ve been properly vetted BEFORE setting up your GainerArt profile.
- GainerArt profiles are considered an extension of your primary profile. Posts on both accounts will count towards current limits and rules about promotional posting and spamming. This means you can’t post the same status on both accounts without altering it in some way (spamming). It also means you can’t make more than 1 promotional post (advertising items or services for purchase) per day among both your accounts. If you are confused about how this works, please consult an admin before making any posts that might violate our policies.
- Following the above, actions taken on either account that violate any of our policies will count against both accounts. For example, if you post something disparaging on your primary account and receive a warning, that warning will be applied to both your accounts. The same applies for any post or action taken on your GainerArt profile.
- Any action serious enough to result in a temporary ban on either account will lead to your GainerArt profile privileges being revoked for at least 18 months. Your GainerArt profile will be deleted immediately and you will not be given time to save any of the contents of that profile. These accounts are a privilege we are granting to upstanding members of our community who also have artwork they want to share. Failure to uphold our community standards means that you will no longer be extended this privilege. Once your profile meets our vetting requirements again, you can re-apply to have these privileges returned.