We’ve been working closely with the content creators of Feabie to put together a verification process that we hope will help established and serious content creators in our community to promote their content, as well as protect members from malicious scamming attempts.
Malicious accounts posing as content creators have seen a significant increase on our network and in order to combat that without negatively affecting our community’s established content creators we will only be allowing promotional posts to be posted by creators who have verified with us they have pre-existing content hosted on a third party site, that their content and photos are theirs, and they are not trying to mislead our members with stolen content.
This rule will go into effect starting March 16th.
While we already have the verification process in place and welcome any creators to already start verifying in preparation for March 16th, we will not be officially warning unverified users for promoting content until March 16th.
Please keep in mind that our general limitations on how often a verified profile can promote will remain the same (please refer to our promotional content policy here for those details).
How to spot verified creators:
A new admin profile, called “VerifiedCreators” on Feabie will be in charge of both verifying creators that apply, as well as contain a public list of verified creators.
This profile will serve two important purposes beyond the initial verification:
- This account will follow all verified content creators and send out a message to verified creators when we issue changes to our promotional content policy. We hope that this will help content creators stay up to date on any rule changes and allow them to ask questions whenever necessary.
- Other users will be able to follow this account to keep up to date with who has verified. This will be of advantage both for users specifically looking for verified creators to reach out to, as well as for those users who are not interested in interacting with content creators. This will also enable people who see promotional posts in the newsfeed to double check whether this user is verified or whether they should be reported for non-verified promotion.
Additionally, verified creators will be given a profile disclaimer that they can add to their bio text, which will tell users that they have been verified. In order to verify that disclaimer, please always make sure to double check that the creator is being followed by the “VerifiedCreators” account.
Anyone trying to mislead our members by posting a fake verification disclaimer to their profile will be in violation of our promotional content policy.
- Only members who have been on our network for more than 30 days will be able to apply for verification.
- Users will be required to provide a face photo with custom criteria determined during the verification process to verify that their images and content belong to them.
- Users will be required to provide us with evidence that they have pre-existing content that they will be promoting.This can be either a link to an established website that hosts their content (such as a video storefront, subscription service profile or personal website that has hosted content) or a link to any privately, or password protected library of content that they want to sell.
How to verify:
In order to verify, please reach out to the “VerifiedCreators” account on Feabie. They will give you any further instructions needed. Please make sure you have received the official confirmation that your verification process has been completed, before posting any promotional content. They will also give you reminder on what the promotional posting rules are and help you navigate those rules moving forward.
Why should I verify?
- Non verified users will still be allowed to include links to their content and donation sites in the bio text of their profile, but ONLY verified creators will be allowed to promote their content in the newsfeed, starting March 16th.
- In the past, we did not allow anyone to promote custom or non-existent content in the newsfeed. Custom or made-to-order content usually carries the highest non-fulfillment risk for customers, so we previously did not feel comfortable allowing their promotion in the newsfeed. However, with the introduction of our verification process we are open to allowing verified creators to use their once-daily promotional posting to promote not only existing content, but also the availability of custom content, if they offer such services.
- Our “VerifiedCreators” profile will become a growing hub for our creators. We hope to expand on that in the future, by using it to reach out to our community creators for upcoming projects or when gathering feedback on site changes that might affect our content creators. We hope that this will only be the first steps in working more closely with our creators and finding the right balance for our community..
Can someone lose their Verified status?
We do not want to use the verification status as a form of leverage over content creators, or have anyone fear losing their verified status each time they have a disagreement with one of our members, post something controversial in the newsfeed or otherwise. Therefore, independent rule violations will not impact the verification status as long as those violations don’t lead to a permanent ban from our network. The only, understandable exception will be when we receive clear evidence that a verified user has been intentionally scamming our users.
Please keep in mind that this verification is just limited to the user’s photos and some of their content. No amount of identity verification can completely guarantee that a user will act responsibly in upholding their agreements made with a customer. We urge anyone interested in purchasing content from a creator, verified or not, to exercise good judgement and take precautions, such as making screenshots of the initial agreement and keep any payment receipts, in case any issues arise.